CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Movie Talk

I watched a couple of movies recently. Here's my opinion on each of them. Why? Just trying to save the world by helping people avoid watching crappy movies and wasting 2 hours of their lives that could've been spent doing something more life changing like learning Chinese.

Pictogram Movie Posters by Viktor Hertz
Inception poster for design geeks via tumblr

Source Code
I had no idea what the movie was about or who was starring in it. According to me that's the perfect way to watch a movie -  not influenced by trailers, friends or critics. The movie was definitely good. It was like Inception but in this case even people other than Christopher Nolan can understand the plot.

Dum Maaro Dum
Ok, so I generally am not a fan of Bollywood movies since I'm not into slapstick or movies inspired by Hollywood movies.
But, this one was pretty good. Good story, performances and its shot pretty well too.
And Rana Duggabatti/ Daggubatti / Agarbatti - whatever his name is, is pretty hot.
What I can't seem to understand is why Abhishek Bachchan insists on doing a rap song randomly in the middle of the movie with his very yo dance steps.

Eat Pray Love
If you've been reading my blog you will know that that's the last book I tried reading. I only finished Eat. Wasn't ready for Pray or Love. Finally rented the DVD and it was ooook. Seemed to be slower than reading the book. Nice story overall with the happy ending etc. Was pretty disappointed with the way India was shown - as the poor, dirty, overcrowded country where "you shouldn't touch anything but yourself". I guess even Italy and Bali have their dirty little corners but Liz Gilbert didn't really bother to explore those areas.

Water for Elephants
Umm. Highly stupid movie. Silly story and not even enough romance. Blah! What got me through it was Robert Pattinson's good looks. He's a good combination of manly and gay which seems to work for me.
After the movie this was the conversation between my sister, Aku & my friend, Mallika:

A : So, who was in this elephant movie? I thought it was animated.
M : Laura Witherspoon (Mallika being silly after just having wikied Reese Witherspoon and learning that that's her first name).
A : Is that Reese Witherspoon's real name? And why would you even know that?
M : You didn't know that?
A : So, do you know what Brad Pitt's real name is? (Aku trying to show off her Hollywood knowledge)
M : Yea, its Arm but obviously he couldn't use that.

Now imagine if that was true.

It's actually William.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...