CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy birthday Mother dearest

Photo by me.
My mother is one of my favourite people in the world.
She is the textbook definition of a mother.
Kind and generous and caring.

And ignorant about the music my generation listens to.
Which is why she was pretty worried about our safety when Swedish House Mafia came to town.

She's always thought about mine and my sister's feelings and I'll give you a great example that explains it well.
When my sister was a child, she entered a book balancing race.
And when she lost, my mother didn't want her to feel bad.
Because no daughter of hers should ever face the harsh realities of life.
The harsh reality being losing a book balancing race.
So she went ahead and told my sister that the girl who won had a square head.

I don't know anyone else who would've come up with a more brilliant explanation to justify our failures.

Happy Birthday Mama.
I love you.

And please don't feel bad about not knowing who Swedish House Mafia is. If you were listening to Electronic Dance Music I'd secretly be worried.

I hope you manage to read this on Flipboard.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...