CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Flexitarians

Daily Dishonesty

These days my sister and I pretend to be vegetarians.
But we are only able to fool the world till we walk into a Chinese restaurant.
Because what does one eat in a Chinese restaurant if not chicken and prawns?
And the Chinese put it in their vegetarian section anyway.
Clearly we were born in the wrong country.

My sister has taken this charade to such an extreme that on some days she even thinks she's vegan.
We went to a restaurant for dinner the other night.
And when the man taking our order asked her what she'd like to eat and she replied with umms and then some more umms he proceeded to ask her the most obvious question.

Are you vegetarian?

And guess what she replied.

Almost.

The man didn't know whether to laugh at what he thought was a joke or bring her an almost vegetarian meal.

And then we met someone who gave us the perfect term for ourselves.

Flexitarian.

Because sometimes we're vegetarian.
And sometimes we're not.
But, we're always flexible.

Isn't that just perfect?

Now I feel like I have a category where I belong.
All I have to do is find more people like me and form our own country.

Because

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...