CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

True Love

What is true love?
Well, for me it's the beautiful glittery stuff you see in the movies.
That kind of unconditional love is so hard to give at times.
Except when you find that special someone for whom it pours out of you like a perennial waterfall.

I usually find it easy to love animals in this way.
And I can never understand people who don't.

Since I was a little girl, I've always wanted a dog.
Though I think at that young age I probably just wanted a horse that would suit my height.
Or even an Oompa Loompa would've kept me happy.
But I never had a pet of my own.
And that made me a little sad.

Design by Gemma Correll
The years went by like passing trains.
And in that time I bonded with many little dogs - some that belonged to friends and some that lived in my neighbourhood.
We played, talked about life and I cried when they left me.

And then last month I went to a dog adoption drive.
I played with all the puppies and almost took one home.
He was tiny and black and white and his name was Oreo for obvious reasons.
I could imagine him looking pretty at breakfast next to a cup of milk.
Don't worry, I wasn't going to eat him.
His cuteness just made my heart melt.
But I realized I didn't have it in me to give that glittery part of my heart away just as yet.
It was a combination of the fear of commitment, responsibility and attachment.
Oh well!
But for those brave enough, here's one of life's simple truths:

A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. 
Give him your heart and he will give you his.
- Marley & Me (2008).


via
Hope you have a beautiful and glittery day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...