CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rainy Sunday


I woke up this morning to a whole lot of rain.
And I'm not really a fan.
It's just made my lazy Sunday a lot lazier.
It made me miss getting pancakes for breakfast at a restaurant near my house.
The waiter even asked my sister where I was.

But I couldn't stop thinking about those perfect pancakes with the fruit compote.
The thought of good food makes me happy on a rainy day.
Or any day.

I've just finished watching Season 1 of Junior MasterChef Australia.
I'd watch 8-12 year olds cook some amazing food every night.
They knew how to temper, poach, blanch, make a consommé or even a coulis.
Some of them had started cooking at the age of 3!
Is that even possible?
I think I was still going through my phase of wanting to be a fisherwoman back then.

But, watching the junior masterchefs at work almost seemed unreal.
It made me hungry. It made me jealous.

And it made me wonder, what was I doing from age 8-12?
Well, I was in love with Doogie Howser M.D.
And thought that I too would become a doctor like him by the age of 16.

Incase you're wondering, that did not happen.
And I still can't cook.

But I hope to someday.
Better late than never!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...