CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The quick brown fox...

In college, I was a Typography student.
I carried my Typolog and Letraset with me everyday. And they were heavy books which had nothing in them besides the pangramThe quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog written in hundreds of fonts.

Looking through these books everyday turned my mind into a kind of font book.
And when I'd be out and about and look at road signs and movie posters and shop name boards, I'd browse through my own little library and look through the hundreds of fonts embossed in my mind.
And most of the time I'd be able to tell which one it was.
Now it's not a talent that I was excited about and I felt more like a machine scanning a fingerprint to find a criminal.

While daydreaming, I visualised this line and decided to draw it out.
And then I thought why not make it a little more interesting and build a story around it.

Q: Why did the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog?
A: Maybe he was the star acrobat in a circus jumping through a hoop of fire which was positioned right above the lazy dog who just happened to be drinking a glass of beer.
Or maybe not.

Erase and Rewind. 

But with the ballet shoes on. It's important for a fox to look foxy at all times.
Or maybe they were just auditioning for Rose's part in Titanic.
Drama drama drama!
Or maybe not.
I just wanted to have some fun.


Concept & all illustrations by me.

2 comments:

GIRIJA said...

hahaha! too cute. love it!
you used a stylus for this?

Neha Kamath said...

yup. used my wacom :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...