CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A fragment of the universe

What do you wonder about?
In those moments in the day just when you're waking up. 
Before you sleep. 
When you stare at the ceiling. 
Look out of the window.
And you see nothing.
You are just lost for those few moments.
In deep thought.
Only to forget about it moments later.

I often wonder about what I'm here for.
What's my purpose on this planet?

On some days I feel so important.
Like the sun, moon and all the stars revolve around me.
Like the world is my oyster.
And the universe is my snow globe.
And then suddenly I feel as insignificant as a speck of dust.

What is the point of us being here. Why are we here? Does anything we do matter?
I just don't know how to feel about it.

Someone asked me the other day if I ever feel connected.
Connected to other people?
Do I feel their pain? Their energy?

Well, sometimes. 
But most of the time we are so disconnected from it.
It is said that in large gatherings, whether for prayer or even a dance, you do feel that energy sometimes.

And you feel so much more of a part of a whole.
Of something big.
But I hadn't really ever felt that.

And then I watched this video which made me feel significant again.

And I felt so much more of a part of a whole.
Of something huge.


The video was posted on Facebook by Mumbaiboss.com.
What they wrote with the video was: 
Parents, when your kids ask you 'where do I come from?', show them this.
It's the scientific truth.
And it makes so much sense.

It's a nice thing to think about in those moments of blank thoughts.
And will make staring at the night sky so much more meaningful.
Make you feel connected with nature.

Like in James Cameron's Avatar.
[Don't watch it in 3D or like me you will be amused with the bioluminescent forest, trying to catch the glowing particles.]
What he has shown in the movie is the connection between man and nature and that's a beautiful thing.
Something I think we also have on our planet.
We just lost it somewhere along the way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...