CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A good reason

The other day I planned to watch The Hunger Games with my friend, Mallika.
She almost didn't come with me because she wanted to read the book before watching the movie.
Yes, she is one of those people.

Since I am not, we had a somewhat married couple-ish argument about whether she should watch the movie or if I shouldn't.

I don't have the patience to read unless it's something as fun as Bossypants.
I usually end up skimming or just waiting for the movie.

Mallika, who is studying to be a lawyer really fought her case that day.
She said you must read or you don't know what you're missing out on.
My opinion: Ignorance is bliss.
You don't miss what you don't even know of.

I asked her not to judge me for not having any interest in reading books.
For me it's way too time consuming and just not one of the things I enjoy doing.
Does not reading really makes us lesser humans?

Mallika: Wouldn't you judge someone who didn't enjoy movies?
Me: No.
Mallika: Would you date someone who didn't enjoy movies?
Me: Probably not.
Mallika: I rest my case.
Me: Not because I'd judge him for it but just because if I'm dating someone I'd be spending a lot of time with them and watching movies is something I do a lot so it would be nice to have that in common.
Mallika: Just admit it. I'm right.
Me: No.
via designcrush.
We did watch the movie together which was fun.
And Mallika admitted that she wouldn't have got through the book.


What I learnt from this exercise:
Everyones entitled to have their own opinions.
More importantly, don't judge a movie by it's book.
And Katniss is a funny name.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...